Wednesday 14 November 2012

Summer Throwback


Before I start with my post, I would like to point out to all of my lovely followers and visitors that I now have a bloglovin' button, and it'd be wonderful if you could follow me there as well as on GFC! Thank you all- and now, back to the topic! :)




I've seen thousands of different types of nail art, and I'm a really big fan of it myself. This week I decided to try a design that I've seen all over Instagram, but didn't look too challenging to replicate on both hands. I did these flowers by layering blobs of nail polish with a toothpick, and it's as easy as it sounds! I know that the design is quite summery, but it's my way of channeling its' spirit into the fall, and somewhat continuing the floral trend that was so big during the s/s!




For my background I used Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle Nail Color, the base of my flowers was OPI Nail Laquer 'Do You Lilac It?' and on top of that I had OPI Nail Laquer 'Lincoln Park At Midnight'



The finished effect! Naturally they aren't perfect, but it was my first time doing this design, and practice will make perfect! Hope you guys enjoyed this!

~



35 comments:

  1. Great effect! So spring!
    http://beautyofheworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh this is so cute! I need to try it. I've done something similar before but I used 4 different flower colors and it was more crazy xD

    xo
    osmiuminlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute!! good job :) Thanks for checking out my blog! New follower!

    http://letskisstomakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Great job, I could never do that :D
    x, Lara
    http://rockteraptor.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks very nice!

    http://filosophiee.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks so cute! Wish I could do that. It would definitely fail on my right hand though :)x
    shameta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your blog...Great photos!Really enjoying:) Please check mines If you want we can follow also with bloglovin, google+, twitter and facebook?
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...your nails are very cool!!!I'm a new follower and I hope you'll come and visit my new blog...kisses

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please post a picture tutorial! Ive been wanting to do this but had no idea how to search for it online. I really want to do this design! My hands are always shaky, I cant even get it right. You do it so well. Love it!

    5ftandpetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be sure to do one next week, don't forget to check back for it!

      Delete
  10. You naildesign is more than cute and such an eyecatcher! I love the flowers so much and I think I would never get it this way:(

    Hope you visit me on my blog
    fashionobsession-mieni.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi honey nice post by the way I'm following you as makyaj 7-24 now!
    hope you'd follow me back:)

    http://7-24makyaj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely! I follow you!
    come to me dear!
    Daniela
    www.apartoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have more patience than I do- your nails turned out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take some patience but I consider it to be fun! xo

      Delete
  14. oh ur nails look amazing, your blog is just lovely by the ways, keep up the good work :)

    ENTER MY TOPSHOP GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!
    (open to all)
    http://haveapeekinsidemywardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. nails look great and your blog looks really good now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate the feedback, thank you so much! x

      Delete
  16. love this <3
    new follower!
    thegalaxy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Must have :)
    I love your blog and style very much!<3
    would you like to follow each other?
    Kiss, Pati :*

    ReplyDelete